Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reading Plus, a Plus?

Reading instructors at our college have been using the ReadingPlus program for courses they teach.  Except for this semester, I, too, have used ReadingPlus.

Why not this semester?  While I had ReadingPlus slotted into my course, when it came time to introduce it and assign it to my students, I didn't think they were ready for the added load of coursework, which would probably amount to and hour or two a week.  Consequently, I kept putting off ReadingPlus until I felt they were ready.

Well, I never felt they were ready and now the end of the semester has arrived.  So I'll do a comparative study of students this semester with students of past semesters using the Nelson-Denny Form H results which I give as a post-test at the conclusion of the course.

I will report the results at a future date.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know about others' experiences with ReadingPlus.  What went well?  Not well?  Best practices?

No comments:

Post a Comment